Re: [AMBER-Developers] Write access to git.ambermd.org

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 07:42:00 -0500

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014, Holger Gohlke wrote:

> > 1. Only make bugfix or key commits to the master branch. (We will relax
> > this restriction in about two weeks.)
> >
> > 2. Keep commits to master small and localized, so that we can revert things
> > if needed.
>
> We made several changes to FEW, also to accomodate things that have
> changed elsewhere in the Amber distribution. We would likely exchange
> the whole FEW directory in the master branch. Would you approve this as
> it is a localized commit (but perhaps not "small")?

Go ahead....but I'm not sure what you mean by "exchange the whole directory".
Files than haven't changed should appear to be unchanged by git.

Also, note that we have an interest in keeping the test cases for FEW as small
as possible (in terms of disk space), and to run as quickly as makes sense.
The goal of the test is just to ensure that results are not changing, so
you should only need a few snapshots, etc.

...thanks...dave