Re: [AMBER-Developers] New features in pmemd

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 17:47:48 -0500

Hi,

Your shooting the messenger.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 08:32:15AM -0800, Ross Walker wrote:
> >On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 10:36:27PM -0800, Ross Walker wrote:
> >>
> >> Where was the coordination from the others - who just dump stuff in? Why
> >> was the addition of the code not discussed with us several months
> >> beforehand?
> >
> >Communication is a two way street:
>
> Honestly, I get way too many emails as it is.

Writing as a mere observer, all the communication complaints that you
have made could be turned back onto you.

> >Why wasn't community wide coordination worked out at the developers
> >meeting ?
>
> The developers meeting was WAY too late. We've been doing this for the
> last 4 years.

My free advice to fix the decades long last minute code crunch
is for you to lead by example. Appoint someone in your pmemd group
to be developer-communications officier; spell out your plans in a public
manner, post updates and deadlines. Then when someone shows up unannounced
with a last minute feature, you will have the clout to convince us that
they missed the boat due to their poor planning.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2014 at 08:19:31AM -0800, Ross Walker wrote:
> >>1.
> >> Why not create a 'new features' Severity bug in bugzilla
> >> and cc the am-dev list when it is created:
> >
> >Hmm, emails from bugzilla to this list don't seem to work (yet).
>
> Bugzilla (or should I say amber-developers.ambermd.org) needs to be
> created as a user in bugzilla in order to be able to cc to it. Ultimately

amber-developers.ambermd.org is a user in bugzilla.
I'll start debugging this off-list.

scott