Re: [AMBER-Developers] mdgx netcdf dependency

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 08:08:02 -0700

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 12:53 AM, Josh Berryman <
the.real.josh.berryman.gmail.com> wrote:

> I use -nobintraj because the build & config goes faster and (normally)
> is more likely to work. Perhaps today marks the tipping point where
> the reverse has become true.

Actually, since NetCDF is now only built when you first run 'configure' or
when you change compilers, the only time '-nobintraj' nets you a configure
speed-up is the first time. Otherwise there's just a check that the
existing NetCDF works. I've only ever had trouble configuring NetCDF on
platforms which use wrappers for their compilers (like Cray for example).

-Dan