Re: [AMBER-Developers] AmberTools/src/configure2 -mpi problem

From: Josh Berryman <the.real.josh.berryman.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 10:25:18 +0100

>>I haven't tested it with cuda. The error message says it is needed for
>>cuda but I can't see why...

AFAIK the pmemd cuda code calls MPI libs from C++ code, hence it needs
libmpi_cxx (when using openmpi) but not when using other mpis, as they
provide the same calls from within things like libmpich etc etc that
are build into the mpifc command

>>I include in attachement a possible workaround.

That seems to be OK but rather than add a linker "-nofor-main" I'd
rather just have a fortran main, seeing as that is how pmemd and
sander are actually organised.

I'll do some testing and commit the fix once I've tried a few different builds.

Josh