Re: [AMBER-Developers] What happened to the dashboard?

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 15:46:51 -0600

Hi,

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 3:26 PM, <dcerutti.rci.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> This is why I
> added the idea that each commit trigger one GNU compilation only, for
> serial and parallel builds. This, I think, will catch 90% of the problems

But developers should be doing this anyway before committing (as well
as running the tests), especially with GNU compilers since everyone
has access to them. Then the dashboard can catch other issues (like if
the compile breaks with a compiler you don't have access to). One
thing I like to do when I've made relatively large changes is I have a
separate GIT directory (i.e. separate from the one I commit from) that
I will update after I've made my changes and compile/test from there;
this catches things that don't necessarily show up in the other
directory (like if I forgot to 'git add' a file).

-Dan

--
Daniel R. Roe, PhD