Re: [AMBER-Developers] Ocra tests fail in amusing way

From: <steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:47:40 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I just compiled and ran a fresh checkout and found a novel problem (only
one, yay!). The tests using the external Orca program in
qmmm_EXTERN/pure_QM_MD_Orca fail on my machine. I do not have the QM
program orca installed, but another tool called orca (A screen reader,
part of some fedora defaults installs).

The problem is, check_Orca.x in the test directory only checks if any
executable named orca exists, not if it is the right one. Therefore make
test starts the GUI of the other orca program and I need to manually kill
it.

An obvious solution is to uninstall the other orca program, but this
problem may catch some users by suprise. can we check if e.g. orca --help
gives the right output instead of just checking for file existence? I dont
have QM orca installed to test, but I committed a new check_Orca_new.x
that should check this correctly.

Could someone with an orca installation check and verify if my solution
really works?

Thomas

Dr. Thomas Steinbrecher
formerly at the