Re: [AMBER-Developers] Fwd: problems with ORCA...

From: David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 16:41:10 -0500

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013, Ross Walker wrote:

> Or just 'yum remove ORCA'? - Or whatever the Ubuntooo equivalent is?

I'm pretty sure that /usr/bin/orca comes with a minimal Ubuntu release...it's
on my virtual machine, to which I add only the stuff needed for Amber.

In any event, it's clear that many users will have an existing orca
program, and we have to live with that. Demanding that users know how to
do an "absolute minimal" install (whatever that is), and to remove any
programs that Amber doesn't like, is a non-starter. We can't really say
that visually-impaired people can't use Amber....

We might reasonably ask that Amber users wanting to use Frank Neese's program
set up an ORCA (or maybe AMBER_ORCA) environment variable.

...dac