Re: [AMBER-Developers] Builds of AMBER 12 with gcc 4.1.2 failing

From: Tyler Luchko <tluchko.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 20:21:03 -0400

I had explicitly tested this before it seems something has changed.

To be clear, are you building from the Git repo or from the tar ball?

configure should have died with an error message and explicit instructions on how to configure without RISM. From your message it sounds like this is not happening. Can you confirm that there is no error message?

If you have not done so, can you try

./configure -norism gnu

If that still doesn't work, please let me know. Either way, I should have a fix out for tomorrow morning if it can wait that long.

Tyler

On 2012-03-16, at 8:08 PM, Ross Walker wrote:

> Ok - the problem is that 'sff' tries to build an amber rism module even if
> $RISM = no.
>
> However, disabling the building of sff leads to problems building nss in NAB
> which needs libsff. I can disable nss as well but other parts of nab need it
> as well. The only solution I could find was to disable building nab
> completely.
>
> Any better ideas for fixing?
>
> All the best
> Ross