Re: [AMBER-Developers] AMBER11 bugfix #19 is broken

From: Ross Walker <rosscwalker.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 06:55:53 -0800

This is also, I believe an issue with using git and cherry picking to make bugfixes rather than the old fashioned way of making them manually. Git commits do not tend to be atomic, building on previous commits that added new features etc and not just fixing bugs. Thus for fairly complex bugfixes it is necessary to go through and manually back port the fix to amber 11, working around all the new features etc that have been added to amber 12 in the meantime.

The current bugfix.19 scares me since clearly the bugfixes amber11 was not even built, let alone having the test cases run to make sure the fix was good and did not break a ton of stuff in the older code.

:-(