Re: [AMBER-Developers] new syntax for FLIBS variable in config.h

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 09:39:25 -0500

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 8:59 AM, David A Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> c. The stand-alone Makefile for cpptraj may be broken by this change.  I
>   looked at fixing it, but it looked broken already anyway, and I figured
>   Dan would be in the best position to make any changes.  I'm kind of
>   inclined to avoid distributing this, since users are likely to try
>   something like "cd cpptraj; make install" and have it fail.

No worries, the stand-alone Makefile for cpptraj is completely
independent and uses its own config.h generated by
$AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/cpptraj/configure, so it doesn't matter what
changes you make to $AMBERHOME/AmberTools/src/configure. I can change
the make target naming scheme so that 'make install' is the AmberTools
install and something like 'make standalone' is the standalone target
if you would prefer that. I think you should consider distributing
this; it is intended for advanced users who might want to enable some
of the more powerful but still not completely tested features of
cpptraj, like openmp support. It's not essential however.

-Dan