Re: [AMBER-Developers] Cruise Control and Build Failures

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 02:25:02 -0500

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 12:00 AM, Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Please keep taking regular looks at the Cruise Control page. Robin and I
> are
> updating it and adding new features.

For those that don't have the original email still:
http://git.ambermd.org:8080/dashboard/tab/dashboard

> Right now this is still work in progress so the build targets are not
> completely reliable at present. However it does show that MDGX has broken
> the AMBERTools serial build again. There are a bunch of unprotected MPI
> calls that the serial compilation includes.
>
> We are considering how best to warn people when they break the build.

I'd vote for an email to the dev list, or both. Often enough, one of us
will try building it, find the issue, and report it here anyway. Also,
I've seen invalid email addresses in commit logs (slegrand.invalid.none, or
something to that extent) -- so we can't count on valid email addresses, I
would think. (And maybe someone besides the architect of the break can fix
it quickly, as well.)

Nothing wrong with a good public shaming, we've all broken Amber before,
and we'll do it again :).

Next is getting make -j4 working so that the machine is not taking 40 mins a

Last I checked, I could never get the fftw's working with -j#, where # >
1. Not sure why.

> Comments (even flames) welcome.

http://xkcd.com/386/

Up too late again, sigh...