Re: [AMBER-Developers] Experiences with sleap

From: InSuk Joung <i.joung.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 10:39:50 -0500

IMHO, we might consider using an external library for the OO-model. I think
http://openbabel.org/wiki/Main_Page is already very mature to rely on and
even well-documented. It is written in C++. They have parsers for various
file formats (pdb, mol2, and etc.). They have lots of functions for
modifying molecules. What we need to add are just interfaces for
writing/reading AMBER related files. Well, it could already be a lot of
work though...

--
Best,
InSuk Joung