[AMBER-Developers] Gfortran 4.1 with master branch

From: MengJuei Hsieh <mengjueh.uci.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 13:47:30 -0700

Hi,

I can report that gfortran 4.1 no longer builds sander anymore. Here is the
error:
gfortran -c -O3 -ffree-form -o constants.o _constants.f
_constants.f:0: internal compiler error: in gfc_conv_array_initializer, at
fortran/trans-array.c:3460
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla> for instructions.
make: *** [constants.o] Error 1

I was using gfortran 4.1.2 on Linux and I know it happened after version
c5904504 . The changes to constants.f look legit and gfortran 4.1 probably
can't handle reshape intrinsic correctly anyway. My suggestion is to retire
gcc 4.1 from the compatibility list (if there is a list).

P.S. I then started to look at g95, which can be installed in user-land
without messing with the OS, that seems to be promising...

Best,
--
Mengjuei Hsieh, Molecular Biology & Biochem, Univ. of California Irvine.