Re: [AMBER-Developers] [AMBER] compile errors with AmberTools1.5 + Amber11

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 22:28:27 +0200

On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 10:05 PM, <dacase.rci.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> >> ****************bugfix.all patch
> >> error*************************************************
> >> patching file AmberTools/src/cpptraj/src/AmberNetcdf.cpp
> >> patching file AmberTools/src/mmpbsa_py/MMPBSA_mods/alamdcrd.py
> >> patching file AmberTools/src/mmpbsa_py/setup.sh
> >> patch: **** malformed patch at line 3176: Workarounds: none
> >>

> Bugfix 2 is malformed: there needs to be three lines of context following
> the final insertion. I'm travelling, but it is probably a blank line that
> is missing. Can someone just check this (e.g. by having git remake
> the patch)?

Confirmed. I'm pushing the changes now.

> We probably need better QC on patches...I'm tempted to throw away both
> patches 1 and 2 for AT1.5 and start over. Also, the "workarounds" comment

The first fix is fine -- mine was messed up, but only because I originally
did the fix as bugfix.1 (not knowing of Dan's commit a short time earlier).
I lost that blank line in my conflict cleanup, but it should be good now.

I'd argue that I did the commit the "right" way, as it was just my git
commit in patch form. I think what would be the most helpful would be
restoring email notifications to the amber_web repository so we know when
patches were being submitted/etc.

Not knowing a bugfix has been added clipped me twice that I can recall...

All the best,
Jason

> at the end of these harks back to quaint old days when people actually
> examined patch files by hand. This is probably a good time to discuss
> what should go into patches, how they should be tested, and whether this
> is the best way to handle problems.
>
> ....dac

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida