Re: [AMBER-Developers] recommended compilers for MacOSX

From: Mengjuei Hsieh <mengjueh.uci.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 09:47:13 -0700

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 02:52:17PM +0200, Thorsten M Woelfle wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Lets assume somebody reads this and now he is curious
> 1. what a ,, real " mac person is and
> 2. what is the magic behind .bashrc/.cshrc and in case of mac OS X .profile,
> which can be referred as ,,real" unix know how.
>
> Here is what I wanted to read (not too serious):
>
> Essential Mac OS X:
[snipped]
> Thorsten

Ah-ha,
I can only say that first of all that I definitely am not a real mac
person. And I don't really expect users to read something extensive.
I am really sorry to be pessmistic, but I think that's the realitic.
There was a case that a noob yawn to me when I was telling him/her
the order bash load the files (at login: /etc/profile .bash_profile
.bash_login .profile, not login: .bashrc). I thought I had ADD, then
I realized, we all have ADD.

Anyway, how about we write something on the manual with the material
the AoM blog that people here can approve. By doing so, we (or just
me) can write something detail in the manual and still bitch freely
in a blog.

Cheers,
--
Mengjuei Hsieh, using Mutt on a 10.4.9 box.