Re: [AMBER-Developers] Second release candidate for AmberTools 1.5

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 17:00:24 -0700

Hi Lin,

It doesn't seem like there's really any way around this. What do people
think about letting Python just use GCC if it can find it in case someone
chooses pgi at configure time?

It won't cause any incompatibilities with anything else (as it's quite
isolated), and I think that getting it to compile correctly with PGI is
going to be difficult.

We already have to force Python to use a different (xcode) compiler when
building on Mac OS X, so I don't think this is really going to cause any
issues.

Thoughts?

And Lin, if you can reconfigure using -nopython, and run it again to see if
there are any errors elsewhere that would be great.

Thanks!
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida