[AMBER-Developers] Should "make clean" remove ../../bin/python?

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 18:06:19 -0500

Hi All,

I've been testing out Amber with a bunch of compilers and have come
across a small issue. The configure script will not call for the
bundled python to be built if "../../bin/python" exists. Since "make
clean" doesn't get rid of '../../bin/python' but does clean the python
directory I think what happens is that all of the python modules get
blown away and don't get rebuilt (thus causing re-compilations to
fail). So I think either 'make clean' should remove the python binary,
or if the intention was to not have to rebuild python all the time
configure should test whether the necessary modules can be imported
instead of whether ../../bin/python exists.

-Dan