Re: [AMBER-Developers] fftw configure oddity

From: Tyler Luchko <tluchko.rci.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 17:18:04 -0500

On 2011-02-25, at 11:42 AM, steinbrt.rci.rutgers.edu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I came across a strange problem when building parallel amber connected to
> building fftw-2.1.5. When I configure via:
>
> ./configure -mpi intel (openmpi 1.5.1 installed and MPI_HOME defined)
>
> the script succeeds on all counts. Following make clean in both src/ dirs
> and make install in the Amber/src dir, the compilation dies, amusingly
> with a fork bomb 'Resource temporarily unavailable' error.

I haven't been able to replicate this on Fedora 13 with Intel 11.1 and OpenMPI 1.5. The commands I used, starting from $AMBERHOME/src, were:

make clean uninstall
cd ../AmberTools/src
make clean uninstall
./configure intel
make
cd ../../src/
make
make clean
cd ../AmberTools/src/
make clean
./configure -mpi intel
cd ../../src
make parallel

I've also tried this on Mac OS X without issue.

Can you replicate this on another machine or in a new shell?

Tyler