Re: [AMBER-Developers] beta of pmemd.cuda.MPI available in git tree

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:12:39 -0700

Hi Dave,

I'm sitting here with Scott Le Grand and neither of us can work out what is
wrong here. Seems very strange since you have the latest driver and the
latest cuda toolkit.

Our only guess is that either the card is stuck in a really weird state or
for some reason the driver is not being loaded.

Double check /etc/X11/xorg.conf (or the equivalent depending on your Linux
Install) and look for the device sections:

Section "Device"
    Identifier "Videocard0"
    Driver "nvidia"
    VendorName "Videocard vendor"
    BoardName "VESA driver (generic)"
EndSection

Make sure under Driver is says "nvidia" and NOT "nv" which would use the
default Linux driver. The Nvidia driver installer should have updated this
for you automatically but it may have not worked.

The other thing would be to shutdown the machine and have it physically
power off and back on. This will get the cards out of any weird crashed
state they may have got themselves into.

All the best
Ross