RE: [AMBER-Developers] git commit/push access

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 13:07:48 -0700

Hi Tim,

> Some unsolicited advice:
>
> If you have (or plan to have) a large number of repos, then
> it may be easier to have all repos email to an alias, e.g.,
> within config:
> [hooks]
> mailinglist = ambergitmail.localhost.localdomain
>
> where the alias is defined in /etc/aliases as
> ambergitmail: user1.host1.com,
> user2.host2.com,
> etc...

What we used to do with CVS and what I think will still be best here,
correct me if I am wrong, is have the git tree send to only 1 email address:
cvs-notification.ambermd.org (maybe we should rename this). Then anyone who
wants to see these emails just goes to http://lists.ambermd.org/ and
subscribes to this email address. Then it is easy for people to add /
delete themselves from the mailing list.

Any reason this won't still work for git?

All the best
Ross

/\
\/