Re: [AMBER-Developers] git commit/push access

From: Timothy J Giese <giese025.umn.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 14:48:26 -0500

> I've got some instructions on how to do this for git; I just need to
> implement them and test. I will get on to this.

Some unsolicited advice:

If you have (or plan to have) a large number of repos, then
it may be easier to have all repos email to an alias, e.g.,
within config:
[hooks]
        mailinglist = ambergitmail.localhost.localdomain

where the alias is defined in /etc/aliases as
ambergitmail: user1.host1.com,
               user2.host2.com,
               etc...

In this way, to add/delete an email from the list, you only have to
edit /etc/aliases and re-run "newlaliases" as root, and that
change instantly applies to all repos.

If you manually add emails to the git repos by setting the list in
[hooks]
        mailinglist = "user1.host.com user2.host.com"
then you'd have to change it in every repo whenever you want to
make a change, obviously.

-Tim