Re: [AMBER-Developers] sander.MPI tests randomly stall in Ubuntu 9.10

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 12:12:01 -0400

On Wed, May 12, 2010, Lachele Foley wrote:

> 4.4.0
>
> I'll have her re-do from a clean un-tar

If serial errors with ncsu appear with 4.4.x, you should post or create a
bugzilla entry.

Generally, anything marked different than the results posted here:

    http://ambermd.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Amber11test

should be reported. Note the the above page indicates that gcc 4.4.0 has
no ncsu serial failures on MacOS 10.5.8, on unspecified Linux em64t (it's
actually CentOS, but I don't think that matters), or with 4.4.1 on Ubuntu
9.10, or 4.4.3 on MacOS 10.6. On the other hand, exactly the errors you
report are found repeatedly for 4.1.2. Which is why I asked...if someone is
switching back and forth between compilers on a single machine, it's very easy
to get confused, either having the wrong compiler, or linking in some .o files
that were compiled earlier, etc.

...thx...dave