Re: [AMBER-Developers] sander.MPI tests randomly stall in Ubuntu 9.10

From: Volodymyr Babin <vbabin.ncsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 13:15:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Lachele,

thank you. It might be indeed something else. If it fails again with
4.4.0, please give me the outputs [or .diff(s)] to look at. I am not
sure to what extent this can be relevant, but 'man alias' says

the alias definition shall not affect the parent process of the current
shell nor any utility environment invoked by the shell; see Shell Exe&#8208;
cution Environment

and it thus may be worthwhile to try making 'gcc->gcc44' symlinks
somewhere and then add this somewhere to the front of the PATH.

Thank you & best regards,

Volodymyr