[AMBER-Developers] Getting access to the amber.git repository

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:46:28 -0400

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010, Ross Walker wrote:

> We need to find a way to roll over everyone's account from CVS to git and
> create an AMBER git tree. It should be tagged with AMBER 11 so anyone can
> check out that tag.

The git tree has already been tagged; we (i.e. Mark) just needs to figure out
a way to move it to a public location and control who has access.

However, Amber developers should execute a license agreement anyway. Indicate
there that you get a fee waiver by virtue of being a collaborator, and send
the form to Nicole. That way we get an accurate count of users, and you can
get the "real" distribution.

> Mark Williamson is the one to send requests to on this
> as he was researching how we would go about doing this. Right now things
> would only work with CVS. I guess one temporary workaround would be to
> somehow sync the git tree back to a read only cvs tree of AMBER 11. Mark can
> you do this?

No, no, no....this is a one-way street. It makes no sense to go back to CVS.
First, note that there is no significant changes between the last release
candidate the actual release. People that are *so* impatient that they cannot
wait to fax a license form to Nicole can work with the RC.

It will take a little while to get the changes made, but should be worth it.
We will first allow people to clone repositories from cvs.ambermd.org; next,
a few guinea pigs will experiment with having permissions to push, and we will
update the instructions, currently here:

   http://ambermd.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Coding

Mark: I think the first step would be to rsync /home/case/amber.git to a
better location. Please plan to keep me in the loop as we work through the
best way to make the git repo available to a wider circle of people.

...thanks...dac