Re: [AMBER-Developers] final (!?!) release candidate for Amber11

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 18:00:55 -0400

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 5:53 PM, David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010, Jason Swails wrote:
>>
>> Is the following common for trying AmberTools parallel with
>> DO_PARALLEL="mpirun -np 4" ?
>>
>> make: Target `test.parallel2' not remade because of errors.
>> 13 file comparisons passed
>> 15 file comparisons failed
>> 5 tests experienced errors
>>

> No: not common.  Look at the diffs--if you are getting duplicated outputs,
> my guess is that you are really testing a serial version of NAB.
> Unfortunately, we don't have nab and nab.MPI, so unless you know your history,
> you could be trying a parallel test on a non-parallel nab.

Ah. Serial nab. I recompiled everything in serial after I was done
to check sander.APBS, and that's when I decided to poke around with
higher proc counts for ambertools. Didn't even think about that.

i still have that one weird nab failure that's printing out some value
like 10^200 in each parallel case using openmpi-1.4.1 on linux
(doesn't show up on Mac OS X).

Thanks!
Jason