Re: [AMBER-Developers] Re: problem installing pmemd.cuda

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 21:11:29 -0400

On Fri, Apr 02, 2010, Jason Swails wrote:

> > Lesson learned ---> google first.  It's a problem with GNU 4.4
> > compilers i'm led to believe (CUDA issue, not Amber).  I'll try again
> > after I install older compilers.

> Rolling back to 4.2.4 worked great. Is this documented anywhere?

I've only found it at the NVIDIA forums. Emails indicate that Scott LeGrand
is not aware of this [I found the same error as you, and emailed Ross and
Scott about it.] According to the infallible Web, anything before 4.4
is likely to work. [My WAG: g++ keeps getting more and more strict about
the language, and NVIDIA headers that used to be OK are now flagged as
errors.]

It's not yet documented in the Amber manuals, but then the entire chapter
on CUDA does not yet exist....

...dac