Re: [AMBER-Developers] 31 March release candidates for Amber

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 16:03:14 -0400

On Fri, Apr 02, 2010, Volodymyr Babin wrote:

> FreeBSD 8.0 on Intel em64t (Xeon) gcc 4.4.2

Great -- it's a good portablity test to go with BSD, and we do have users
there.

> 0. configure -noX11 gnu -- OK (but there was a minor annoyance: 4.4.2
> binaries are named gcc44/gfortran44/g++44 contrary to what is expected)

Not sure what to do here--same things pops up on RedHat, etc. Personally,
I set links (e.g. ln -s /usr/bin/gcc44 gcc) in ~/bin, and put that first
in my path. Not sure what there is that is better.

> 1. 'make install' stops with
>
> (cd leap && make install )
> "Makefile", line 14: Missing dependency operator

grrr....I was going to try to remove all dependencies on gmake, but I think
they actually exist in netcdf (for which we need to track external code).
So for now, I think we just have to say the Amber requires gmake. [sleap
has always required gmake, as well, so we may be stuck. I have a feeling
that BSD folks are used to this.

> added "#include <stdio.h> to sff/sff.h and it went through
>
> #ifdef getchar
> # undef getchar
> #endif
>
> before "virtual getchar()" in mortsrc/guilib/console.hpp to make it
> through
>
> had to add "#include <cstdio>" to strmain and strbuf to make it happier

> added "#include <sys/types.h>" to pmemd/src/pmemd_clib.c (as suggested
> by "man getrlimit")

all of the above changed are staged for commits; I'll test first on Linux,Mac

> there is no /bin/bash; bash is in /usr/local/bin instead; PASSED
> with correct path; re-running the tests (hours)

Also fixed....not sure why things are so slow....suggests some other errors.
I suppose we should time the test suites and put that info in the log...

...thanks for the inputs....dave