Re: [AMBER-Developers] EVB test errors

From: Daniel Roe <daniel.r.roe.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 09:14:06 -0400

Hi Kim,

The stack size was indeed the problem. Default stack size in my setup was
10M:

[droe.case1 sander]$ ulimit -a
stack size (kbytes, -s) 10240

Doubling the stack size to 20M allowed the tests to complete successfully.
So we could potentially add a script called checkStackSize that any tests
that require a large stack could call. I am attaching one that uses the
"ulimit" command (note: not unlimit - passing a value of unlimited to the
stack on my system isn't allowed) to check the stack size and increase it if
it is below 20480 kbytes; 1 is returned if this could not be done, 0 if the
stack is ok. It can be called from the necessary EVB test run scipts like
this:

set stack=`../../checkStackSize.sh`
if ($stack == 1) then
  echo "This test requires a larger stack."
  exit(0)
endif

It works just fine on my linux machine and cygwin rig (where it fails
because cygwin's stack limit is hard coded), but I'm not sure how portable
it is - anyone want to test it out?

Dave, Kim's patch seems to work fine. However I think it will be compatible
with the fharm() stuff I changed in evb_umb.f, so that part of my patch
should be rolled back (I can come up with a patch to do this if you want).
It looks like Kim changed the output of the test cases, so I guess the
output of the test cases before wasn't correct.

-Dan

Daniel R. Roe
Postdoctoral Associate
SAS - Chemistry & Chemical Biology