Re: [AMBER-Developers] Requirement to build serial before building parallel

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 11:57:30 -0500

On Sat, Mar 06, 2010, Jason Swails wrote:

> It also refused to use the yacc compiled in the serial build.

I didn't realize this. The only need for yacc is in builing ncgen in
pnetcdf, which I don't think we ever use anyway. So we could probably
eliminate that requirement by modified a Makefile somewhere in the pnetcdf
tree.

But we need to do *something* to get ordinary users to install AmberTools
first; otherwise I think we will have way too many avoidable comlaints to the
mailing list.

...dac