[AMBER-Developers] proposed timetable for CVS shutdown

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 12:17:11 -0500

Here's the timetable I propose:

Sat. Mar. 6: Everyone continues(!) the current policy of "no more cosmetic
changes to the src directory." Only checkin updates that truly fix bugs or
affect functionality. No more getting rid of unused variables, or eliminating
compiler warnings, or changing Amber10 to Amber11, or making the code easier
to read, etc.

Tues. Mar 9: turn off CVS commit access to amber11/src to everyone by me,
Ross, Mark and Scott. (Developers can continue to tweak the test, dat,
doc, etc directories). Any patches to be committed to the src directory
will have to be emailed to one of these people.

Fri. Mar 12: turn off CVS commit access to everything by amber11/doc to
everyone but the four people mentioned above.

Fri. Mar. 19: all CVS commit access to amber11 will be removed for everyone.
After a final push to git, all future updates will be made to the git
repository. Mark and Dave will coordinate how this is done, and how users
will get access to this.

Note that starting on Mar. 12, it will be the release candidates, *not* the
CVS tree, that will be the true test of how well things are working.

Also note that, as in the past, there will be a period of several weeks after
amber11 is frozen, but before we are really ready to accept commits intended
for amber12. We'll try to keep this as short as possible, but please bear
with us, and keep material intended for future releases local for a while.

...comments welcome...thx...dac