[AMBER-Developers] Case InSeNsitiVITY on MACS

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 14:02:30 -0800

Hi All,

Just a word of caution for all those in OSX land. I guess that OSX is case
insensitive so doing things like:

cat qmmm_qmtheorymodule.f

module qmmm_QmTheoryModule

end module qmmm_QmTheoryModule

works fine. However, on Linux (and any other unix) this causes the
makedepend script to get horribly confused and leads to missing dependencies
since it can't find the file called qmmm_QmTheoryModule.f since it does not
exist. There are possibly other examples of this in the code as well and we
should be very careful of this.

I will check in a fix for this issue shortly

I suggest we use lowercase for everything in the future to avoid such
issues.

All the best
Ross

/\