Re: [AMBER-Developers] simplepbsa build errors with commercial compilers

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 16:22:43 -0500

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 4:06 PM, case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 09, 2010, Jason Swails wrote:
>>
>> The Makefile has lines
>>
>> simplepbsa$(SFX): simplepbsa.o gopt.o libpbsa.a sfflib syslib netlib c9x-complex
>>    $(FC) -nofor_main -o simplepbsa$(SFX) simplepbsa.o gopt.o libpbsa.a \
>>    $(LIBDIR)/libsff.a ../lib/nxtsec.o $(FLIBSF) $(LDFLAGS)
>>
>> which are invoked by the top-level Makefile_at.
>
> I guess this is all moot, since MengJeui has been updating things, but I still
> don't see how the top-level Makefile_at (which just does a "make install"
> in the pbsa directory) would trigger anything related to simplepbsa.  It
> doesn't for me, on either Linux or Mac, and the compiler seems irrelevant.
>
> Can you see what is going on?  I.e. something that is requiring either
> the "libinstall" rule or the "simplepbsa" rule?

It was slightly convoluted, but in the checkout version that was
giving me problems: in the version of pbsa/Makefile before Mengjuei
just changed it, simplepbsa$(SFX) was an invoked rule for the rule
libinstall. The libinstall rule for pbsa/Makefile was in turn called
by nab/Makefile for the install rule. However, Mengjuei has removed
simplepbsa$(SFX) from the libinstall rule in the current version
(10.31) per his last email on this topic.

All the best,
Jason