Re: [AMBER-Developers] cygwin issues

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 09:34:02 -0500

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009, Mengjuei Hsieh wrote:

> There seems to be a problem of cygwin/x on FAT32, so if users are not
> even able to start xwindow, I would suggest installing it on a NTFS
> disk.

Weird.

> I installed a new cygwin with newly released X11 from cygwin/x, I also
> did it in my windows XP virtual box. Xleap seems to be working well,
> except the menu clickability problem (had to find an external keyboard
> for my macbook pro and press "numlock" once or twice.)

Apparently (I haven't tried it) you can install an "international" or "french"
keyboard, and get some equivalent.

> By the way, sleap test gave me a crash on cygwin, I'll take a look to
> see if there is something stupid in my cygwin installation.

Do some things work? For me, sleap on cygwin doesn't work at all. (Type
"sleap" and it exits after a few seconds, never even giving a prompt. See
Note 1 at http://ambermd.org/mswindows.html.

....dac