[AMBER-Developers] Using gnu compilers on Snow Leopard

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 15:21:30 -0500

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009, Jason Swails wrote:

> I'm still having the same problems with my Mac. Macports for some reason
> will not build working executables on my machine (including gcc45+gfortran),
> and i'm not having much luck with other gfortran binaries. I'm trying
> through fink now, and when i get another gfortran that works I'll update...

The only thing that works for me (and I think for Mengjeui, see
http://ambermd.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Amber11onMac) is the
following:

gcc 4.2.1, which is the default xcode compiler, plus
gfortran 4.5.0 from macports, or g95 (0.91, stable) from macports.
You can't use the gcc 4.5 from macports....

Not sure if this will help or not....dave