Re: [AMBER-Developers] Re: Patch of configure script for Mac OS X

From: Ben Roberts <roberts.qtp.ufl.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:58:58 -0500

Hi MengJuei,

MengJuei Hsieh wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I just checked-in the modification for configure script:
> 1. Added support for combination of gcc + ifort
> 2. Added support for combination of gcc + g95
> 3. Added support for Apple's Accelerate framework on Mac OS X
> 4. Avoided -Wl,-start-group and -Wl,-end-group for non-GNU linker
> 5. Avoided -static on Mac OS X
>
> These shouldn't interfere any previous behavior of the script. Please let me
> know if there is any issue in this modification.
>
> Thanks,

It turns out that your -Wl,--start-group and -Wl,--end-group didn't work
quite properly. This is apparently traced to "ld -v" providing results
on STDERR rather than STDOUT, at least on certain systems.

I've made some changes to the configure script, including fixing that
problem, and will upload my version presently, after testing.

Ben