Re: [AMBER-Developers] setting options to FPP - configure bug

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:24:17 -0500

On Fri, Nov 06, 2009, Robert Konecny wrote:

> with the recent configure reorganization it seems like AMBERBUILDFLAGS was
> dropped from FPP (fortran preprocessor, cpp in this case) processing.
>
> This fragment from old configure:
>
> FPPFLAGS= $fppflags \$(AMBERBUILDFLAGS)
> FPP= $fpp \$(FPPFLAGS)
>
> is now:
>
> FPP=$fpp $fppflags $mpi_flag
> FPPFLAGS=$fppflags $mpi_flag
>

> Can AMBERBUILDFLAGS (or some other variable) be added back to FPP please?
> It might actually be better to have a different variable for specifying
> extra preprocessor options since AMBERBUILDFLAGS is also being passed to
> the compilers and the preprocessor options may not be compatible with
> valid compiler switches.

Seems to me that maybe the easiest thing to do is to remove AMBERBUILDFLAGS,
and ask users to edit config.h if they need changes in either the preprocessor
flags or the compiler flags. That would be cleaner, since they actually would
see what is being done. Presumably, anyone wishing/needing to change compiler
or preprocessor flags would be able to edit the config.h file themselves.

Is there something particular that sander.APBS needs?

..thanks..dave