Re: [AMBER-Developers] Re: Patch of configure script for Mac OS X

From: MengJuei Hsieh <mengjueh.uci.edu>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 15:04:53 -0800

Hi,

The reason that I used -macosx was based on the fact all macosx later than
10.3 are bundled with Accelerate framework. But I forgot that compilers
might not understand -framework argument, for ifort, the option should be
"-Wl,-framework -Wl,Accelerate" instead of "-framework Accelerate".

I also agree the point that we should use a different name for it, after
all, it doesn't represent the whole platform. "-macAccelerate" is okay to
me.

An updated version of the patch will be available during the weekend. :-)

Best,
--
Mengjuei Hsieh, Molecular Biology & Biochem, Univ. of California Irvine.