Re: [AMBER-Developers] Second release candidate for AmberTools 1.3; numvec

From: Volodymyr Babin <vbabin.ncsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 2009 15:53:14 -0400 (EDT)

> This breaks my build on MacOSX, gcc 4.4.0. So it seems safest to not
commit at this point.

> Log file is attached, for "cd amber11/src/gleap; make clean; make
install".
> Looks like a problem with a macro expansion, but I did not explore
further.

This is a known issue http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2008-09/msg01684.html
and it seems to be fixed in the recent versions of boost
(e.g., http://cci.lbl.gov/~rwgk/tmp/gcc44_boost/). I tried to apply
their patch to the relevant files by hands -- please try another
gleap-valarray.diff (taken against CVS) with gcc 4.4 (I don't have
one readily available -- would try myself otherwise).

> You should probably send suggested changes to Wei Zhang
> (zgjzweig.gmail.com).
> I don't think he follows the amber developers mail; but don't be
surprised
> if you don't get any answer. Wei seems to go "off-line" for months at a
time.

Ok, CC-ing this to Wei too.

Best,

Volodymyr