Re: [AMBER-Developers] Second release candidate for AmberTools 1.3; numvec

From: Volodymyr Babin <vbabin.ncsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 11:00:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, September 25, 2009 17:48, case wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009, Volodymyr Babin wrote:
>
>> It depends on the priorities -- it is relatively simple if
>> performance is not critical
>
> I doubt that performance is critical for sleap.....dac

please find a version of numvec that does not use valarray
(except of the std::slice definition) attached; I tried it
on ia32/pgi6.0 and x86_64/gnu and it works only slightly worse
than the original one failing few more tests (attached)

IMHO, it would be better to derive mort::numvec from the
(bundled) boost::numeric::ublas::vector -- should be easy, yet
is going to take a day or two [to make it in a nice way], which
I do not have now

Have a nice weekend,

Volodymyr