[AMBER-Developers] ptraj.MPI compiling issues

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 03:35:19 +0100

Hello again,

This is my last email for tonight, I promise (as it's the last issue I had
during compilation). I finished compiling the whole suite in serial, but
ambertools failed when I tried compiling it in parallel (amber itself worked
in parallel). The error message I got was:

/usr/bin/install -c -m 755 ncmpigen
/home/swails/newamber/9.09.09/amber11/src/pnetcdf/bin/ncmpigen
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `ncmpigen': No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [install] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/home/swails/newamber/9.09.09/amber11/src/pnetcdf/src/utils/ncgen'
make[1]: *** [ncgen_install] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/swails/newamber/9.09.09/amber11/src/pnetcdf/src/utils'
make: *** [install] Error 2

going into the directory AMBERHOME/src/pnetcdf/src/utils/ncgen , I saw that
ncmpigen was called ncmpigen.1 for some reason, though I don't know if that
file was created during installation or if it preexisted. cp ncmpigen.1
ncmpigen in that directory allowed ptraj.MPI to finish compiling (though
there was no success message afterwards like there is for everything else,
but there was also no error message).

Thanks,
Jason Swails