Re: [AMBER-Developers] Updating documentation

From: David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 17:44:24 +0100

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009, Daniel Roe wrote:

> I was about to update the documentation for some of my code changes.
> However, looking in the /doc subfolder can be a harrowing experience. There
> are a lot of files in there and no apparent organization. There isn't even a
> README file or an entry in the wiki page explaining what everything does. If
> I remember correctly, the .me files are NROFF format, which get put together
> with some references somewhere into the .lyx file, and then to PDF, but I
> can't find any documentation for this anywhere.
>
> For now I will just work on the .me files but it might be useful to have a
> 'style guide' or something (how to correctly add references, create
> sections, etc) for documentation at some point in the future. What does
> everyone else think?

My bad -- I'll clean it up. However, the correct file to look at is the
Makefile. Basically, you have commands like "make Amber10.pdf" to create the
documentation.

Do *not* use any .me files! Amber documentation is now in Amber10.lyx and
AmberTools.lyx. The bibtex file is called amber.bib. The rest of the files
in the directory are mostly figures that get inserted into the documentation.

...dac