Re: [AMBER-Developers] Fortran2003?

From: David A. Case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 18:20:18 -0500

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009, Joe Krahn wrote:

> I was discouraged about Fortran standards until F2003 came out. Among
> other things, it defines a standard method of directly interfacing to C,
> for both calling C and being called from C. This makes it easy to
> utilize common C libraries,

I tend to agree with Bob here: we've never had troubles interfacing to C
(unless, I guess, you want to pass Fortran strings or records, or things
like that). As example, we have both Fortran and C (and assembler)
versions of the blas and lapack libraries, and they can be (and are) called
from both C and Fortran driver routines.

Is there a specific thing in Fortran2003 that you want to use?

...dave