Re: amber-developers: nmode units

From: Ilyas Yildirim <yildirim.pas.rochester.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:30:01 -0500 (EST)

I analyzed the .out files of mm_pbsa.pl script and compared them with the
.statistics.out file. It seems that all the values in .statistics.out
calculated with mm_pbsa.pl script is in kcal/mol (entropy, pbsa, gbsa,
vacuum). In the amber mailing list, there were similar questions regarding
the units of the outputs of mm_pbsa.pl script. It looks like that people
also got confused with the units.

I think that it might be a good thing to include this information
explicitly in the manual. nmode's units are in cal/mol-K, while the
mm_pbsa.pl script's outputs are all in kcal/mol (entropic part is T*S
where T=300K). mm_pbsa.pl script also spits out the energy information for
complex/ligand/receptor (.com.all.out, .lig.all.out, .rec.all.out), and
in order to use those files for some other calculations (such as
convergence analysis), it is important to know the units. In any case,
just a suggestion.

Best,

--
  Ilyas Yildirim, Ph.D.
  = Hutchison Hall B#10          - Department of Chemistry      =