Re: amber-developers: second draft release for AmberTools1.1

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:49:01 -0700

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008, Volodymyr Babin wrote:

> On AIX (IBM Power 5):
>
> a) we do not have xlc; gcc 3.3.2 that they put there does not support
> '-m32' flag so I had to remove this from configure_at

Does anyone know if "-m32" is ever needed? (I.e. won't a correctly configured
gcc (hah!) automatically compile for the local architecture?

Volodymyr: what does "uname -m" return on the IBM machine? Can we at least
special-case out the -m32 flag?

> c) nab.c:8:23: sys/fcntl.h: No such file or directory; changed to
> #include <fcntl.h> (man page says <fcntl.h>, not <sys/fcntl.h>)
> (fixed in amber11 cvs)

As far as I can tell, nab.c does not actually need <fcntl.h>, which I don't
think is part of the ISO standard. But I'm reluctant to change this, since
it hasn't caused problems (except for the non-standard location, fixed above.)

> d) nmode.c: In function `lnorm':
> nmode.c:1172: error: `__I' undeclared (first use in this function)
> nmode.c:1172: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> nmode.c:1172: error: for each function it appears in.)
> ... replaced <complex.h> by "complex.h" - it worked for me
> (did not commit since this is probably a local misconfiguration)

Yannick: can we get rid of all dependence on complex.h!?!

> g) could not compile sleap even with GNU make because of boost/pthreads
> errors (most probably unused by sleap; did not look there)

Can you send Wei (zwieg.scripps.edu) some of the errors? Or maybe someone can
arrange for Wei to get access to an AIX machine. It's not a show-stopper now
to not have IBM Power 5 support, but in the longer term, this would be nice.

Thanks to Volodymyr for carrying out these tests.

...regards...dave