Re: amber-developers: restricting amber email to text-only?

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 16:01:49 -0400

I can't remember the last time that html helped in
one of the emails. sometimes attachments are useful,
so we probably should not block those.

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 3:38 PM, David A. Case <case.scripps.edu> wrote:
> Ross Walker wrote:
>

> > The best solution in the end though would be to stop accepting html email
> > on the amber list. This would make things so much nicer but will obviously
> > generate a lot of initial complaints from "inexperienced" users.
>
> What do people think about this idea? Many mailing lists do automatically
> reject mail with html extensions. I've tried to be as "friendly" as possible
> for amber.scripps.edu, but there is some price.
>
> So, I'm looking for advice or discussion: what do you think about the pros and
> cons of forcing posts to be text only?
>
> ...thanks...dave

Carlos L. Simmerling, Ph.D.
Associate Professor Phone: (631) 632-1336
Center for Structural Biology Fax: (631) 632-1555
CMM Bldg, Room G80
Stony Brook University E-mail: carlos.simmerling.gmail.com
Stony Brook, NY 11794-5115 Web: http://comp.chem.sunysb.edu