amber-developers: restricting amber email to text-only?

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 12:38:21 -0700

Ross Walker wrote:

> The best solution in the end though would be to stop accepting html email
> on the amber list. This would make things so much nicer but will obviously
> generate a lot of initial complaints from "inexperienced" users.

What do people think about this idea? Many mailing lists do automatically
reject mail with html extensions. I've tried to be as "friendly" as possible
for amber.scripps.edu, but there is some price.

So, I'm looking for advice or discussion: what do you think about the pros and
cons of forcing posts to be text only?

...thanks...dave