Re: amber-developers: problems with NCSU in amber10

From: David A. Case <case.scripps.edu>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:26:57 -0700

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008, Carlos Simmerling wrote:

> the netcdf part does show up in ncsu-umbrella.f unless you add
> -DNCSU_NO_NETCDF,
> which is not set up by config if you say nobintraj. when I set that things
> are working ok,

Yes, but it should *not* be necessary to set -DNCSU_NO_NETCDF: that is done by
ncsu-config.h

I would still very much like to see the actually invocation of cpp (i.e. the
line right *before* the one you quote. If the code requires a manual setting
of -DNCSU_NO_NETCDF on your machine, then there is something about your
environment that is different from what we are expecting. Since I can't
reproduce the problem here, I'll need more info from you.

> we're using nobintraj just because it was a hassle recently on blue gene and
> I didn't want to deal
> with it while fixing other problems.

If the BlueGene problem is still there, please make an entry in bugzilla, so
we won't forget about it (as I had until you reminded me.)...thanks

...regards...dave