amber-developers: gleap/sleap issues

From: Mengjuei Hsieh <mengjueh.uci.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:46:59 -0700

Hi,

Here are some of my experiences compiling sleap yesterday.

It seem that the current makefile for src/gleap needs some revisions,
first of all, it includes ../config.h, which should be ../
config_amber.h now.

Also the make clean rule for src/gleap doesn't remove *.a files.

In sleap's own repository of readline, the readline/xmalloc.h is
trying to include readline/readline/rlstdc.h, which may need to be
taken care of. In some operating systems, gcc -I. get to read the
rlstdc.h without problem, but that's not the case in my linux fc6 and
macosx.

I got:
<pre>
In file included from tilde.c:55:
xmalloc.h:29:31: error: readline/rlstdc.h: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [tilde.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [install] Error 2
make: *** [sleap] Error 2
</pre>

There are some minor issues locating X11 headers and libraries, also
the GL/GLUT headers but these can be reviewed later.

In Mac OS X, you don't have the ability to create a static binary,
some of the linking options inside the src/gleap directory might need
to be changed to dynamic in order to make it work.

All the best,
--
Mengjuei Hsieh, Luo group, Molecular Biology & Biochemistry, UCIrvine