Re: amber-developers: sander xref

From: Scott Brozell <sbrozell.scripps.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:36:52 -0700

Hi,

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007, David A. Case wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 19, 2007, Scott Brozell wrote:
> >
> > The problem is that object files are included in the link
> > command multiple times. Either $(MMOBJ) and possibly others
> > should be removed or XREFOBJ should be redefined or ...
>
> Can you redefine XREFOBJ? thanks...dac

I could, but further investigation shows that the link
approach is a sympton of a poor design.

The current XREF design explicitly uses the preprocessor
name XREF in dynlib, force, and printe.
This is unnecessary.

A better design is to convert xref.f into a module, employ
the preprocessor name XREF only in xref.f, and use the module
in dynlib, force, and printe. This will be just as efficient
and will reduce code forking by the preprocessor.
In fact, the loss of efficiency from completely replacing
the preprocessor name XREF with a namelist input variable
would seem to be at most tiny.

I'll implement this later today unless I read objections.

Scott