RE: amber-developers: amber performance

From: Yong Duan <duan.ucdavis.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 15:13:04 -0800

On the issue of comparison to other packages/programs, I think it makes
sense to publish a set of comparison using throughput (rather than the
dubious feeling-good scaling).

Although I am pretty sure Bob and everybody else has considered this, please
use a more realistic ntwx. 250-step/frame is just not the thing we do any
more (was probably common 20 years ago). This has absolutely nothing to do
with the notion of being "honest" or not. Ntwx=250 is just not realistic. In
fact, if my students save the frames that often he/she likely receives a
long and torturous lecture from me demanding an explanation.

yong